Monday, December 10, 2007

THE PLEDGE

Far too many times & for far too long, i have been pushed around, thrown off my tracks… On second thoughts, it was me who allowed it to happen; my indiscipline has almost always led to my downfall.

Time & again, the “voice” inside me reminds me that if only i had been more focussed & disciplined; if only i had been more dedicated to my cause, i would have fared much better.

The today eggs me on to make a fresh start. As they say, “It’s better late than never…”

Many ‘demons’ deserve the kudos for pushing me into action. God bless them & let’s spare the details. Right now it would suffice to say that it’s “make or break” time for me.

But since i’m an optimist who believes more in “making” rather than “breaking”, i’d choose to describe the present situation as either a launch pad or maybe a turning point. i sincerely hope it’s the former. But i’m also a strong believer in DESTINY…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

On the edge, one more time;
i let out many a painful sigh.

Forever falling, forever bruised;
Yet I promise myself, that i…

Will never give up,
Will never say, “Die…”;

i’ll dare the cliff...
A MILLION TIMES,
Until i learn to fly!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi dhawal,
that's the spirit. as far as i know u, u'd never give up till u got what u want. maybe the best has to yet come. take care.all the best. happy 2008
vimala

Anonymous said...

I like the way it's written.

Reminds me of the seagull in Richard Bach's book

Dhawal Chotai said...

Hi Sonali,
Thanks for the appreciation. But dear friend, you know unfortunately i'm not such a well-read person. So i promise to read that book asap! TC